Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Dear Experience,

What should I write? What should I say?
What should I give that will make your heart sway?

What could I tell you,
One who has seen it all
A quote, a message? A personal scene of withdrawal?

I’m just a child, with no knowledge to tell
Of the outside world, of my outer shell.
Yet I’ll try my hardest
To make you see
That experience is little
When words are heard to believe.

I have been through moments of FEAR
Family yelling, ‘Stay away!’
I would crawl and hide safely,
Feeling afraid, so afraid.

I have been through moments of SADNESS
That make minds no longer sane
Moments that bring tears and tears,
Echoing the pain.

I have been through moments of ANGER
When fists would fly
Words would crumble to pieces
...I try not to cry.

But the moment I’ve been through
That outshine all the rest
Is the one that has meaning,
That brings out the best.

It is the moment of HAPPINESS
When the sun would shine
Right through the clouds
Gleaming in the sky.

As if yelling, as if screaming,
“I still rise up! Up and Up!
From the horizon, from the ground,
I’ve never once given up!”

So why should you?
If moments bring you down?
Can you listen to me?
For this is all I can tell!

When SADNESS overwhelms you,
And FEAR brings dark
Light can break in
And clean your heart.

It will help you smile
And lift up weight
Like a mighty warrior
In the web of fate.

When ANGER fills you,
And words are no longer enough,
Try something like actions
Man up and hang tough.

My mind might be tiny,
My knowledge quite little,
But I will be strong, my friend,
So yourself don’t belittle!

Do not hesitate, I learned
But think and think
And always remember,
Moments are chains that are linked.

Together they are bounded,
By each and every start
Bring happy moments in your life,
Bring them to your heart.

That is what I have learned,
That is all I can say,
I give thanks to Experience,
Who paved the way.

♥~

-M.C.E



No comments:

Post a Comment